If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
oSLO (openSUSE + LibreOffice) Conference Logo Competition
The competition is open now and ends on January, 17, 2020. The organizing team will send “Mystery Box” as an appreciation for the best logo designed. This year, logo will be voted on by the organizers of the conference.
Deadline: 17 January 2020 UTC 13:00
Announcement Winner: 1 Feb. 2020 at FOSDEM.
The Rules of the Contest are as follows:
- The logo should be licensed under CC-BY-SA 4.0 and allow everyone to use the logo without attribution (BY) if your work is used as the logo of LibOcon/oSC20. Note that the attribution is going to be shown on the conference website.
- Design must be original and should not include any third party materials.
- Both monochromes and color formats are essential for submission.
- Submissions must be in SVG format.
- Design should reflect the LibreOffice and openSUSE communities.
- The logo should avoid the following things:
- Brand names or trademarks of any kind.
- Illustrations that may consider inappropriate, offensive, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- Sexually explicit or provocative images.
- Violence or weapons.
- Alcohol, tobacco, or drug use imagery.
- Discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against groups or individuals
- Religious, political, or nationalist imagery.
- The logo should follow the “LibreOffice Branding Guidelines” and the “openSUSE Project Trademark Guidelines” published respectively at https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding and https://en.opensuse.org/File:OpenSUSE_Trademark_Guidelines.pdf
- The branding guidelines will be helpful to design your logo (optional) https://opensuse.github.io/branding-guidelines/
Please submit your design to email@example.com with the following entries:
- Subject: Co-Conference Logo Design 2020 – [your name]
- Your name and mail address to contact
- A document about philosophy of the design (txt or pdf)
- Vector file of the design with SVG format ONLY.
- Bitmap of design in attachment — image size: 256*256 px at least, PNG format.
- File size less than 512 KB.
The co-conference organizing team will decide on the logos, which is subject to the conditions that the logo meets all the requirements. The final decision will be made by the co-conference organizing team and it may not be the highest scored design.
We recommend the artist to use Inkscape, a powerful, free and open source vector graphics tool for all kinds of design.