How to find mirrors
You do not have to select a mirror yourself, as the openSUSE mirrors infrastructure uses MirrorCache, a download redirector and metalink generator.
- If you use software.opensuse.org or download.opensuse.org, the server will take care of finding the fastest mirror for you. It will automatically select one of the known and active mirrors from a database and redirect the download. See the official documentation for technical details on how this works.
If you would like to use a different mirror or want to see a complete list of all mirrors which you could download a file from, go to mirrors.opensuse.org.
- For any file on download.opensuse.org, you can click on link named Details which will show mirrors assorted for your location.
- You can have a look at http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/openSUSE-stable/iso/ for example.
Set up a mirror
- If you operate a mirror yourself, or plan to do so, the page Mirror infrastructure might interest you.
- If you miss a certain mirror, please tell us, by sending an email to admin @ opensuse.org.
- Mirrors for EOL (End of Lifetime, discontinued) openSUSE and SuSE releases are still around. While it is recommended to upgrade to the newest versions in some cases you just want to download a package or two. Use these mirrors for those cases: