tagline: From openSUSE
openSUSE @ FOSSCOMM 2011
The openSUSE Project is planning a community booth / talk at the FOSSCOMM 2011
|About FOSSCOMM 2011 see the FOSSCOMM 2011 page|
Who will attend? Please fill in your name if you're going. And arrival & departure date & time so maybe you can share a train or cab, and we might organize a hotel together. In case you need travel support (see * below) fill in your travel costs.
|Diamond_gr||Thessaloniki||7 May||8 May||Yes||had 2 talks and organized a launch party at Patras|
|Warlordfff||Thessaloniki||7 May||8 May||Yes||had 1 talk|
|Efagra||Thessaloniki||7 May||8 May||Yes||had 1 talk and 1 workshop|
|Etern4L||Larisa||7 May||8 May||Yes||had 1 talk|
|Ankso||Thessaloniki||7 May||8 May||Yes||booth staff|
|Zoumpis||Thessaloniki||7 May||8 May||Yes||had 2 talks and booth staff|
|terietor||Larisa||7 May||8 May||Yes||booth staff|
|Kokeroulis||Larisa||7 May||8 May||Yes||booth staff|
|Elias Chrisoheris||Athens||7 May||8 May||No||booth staff|
|Ragecryx||Larisa||7 May||8 May||No||had 1 talk and booth staff|
|Alex P. Natsios||Larisa||7 May||8 May||No||booth staff|
- travel costs in case you need reimbursement. Note that reimbursement money is scarce, don't ask for it if you don't really need it please! The organizer of this event must ask the openSUSE board (cc Jos Poortvliet) for a decision to reimburse travelers once it is clear how much will be needed.
Some material is needed for the booth setup. Please add things you are able to provide:
|Diamond_gr||PromoDVDs||300||If we don't have 11.4, we'll burn some.|
|Diamond_gr||Flyers||150||We'll print some zypper cheat sheets, Greek help etc|
|Warlordfff||Posters||3 big posters, 10 smaller posters|
|Warlordfff||Buttons||200||the first buttons we made with our machine.|
|Warlordfff||Promo material||hands free|
Please add the things which you may require from the international team. Be sure to share this with the -marketing list!
After the Event
Fosscomm2011 // OpenFest 2011 edit
- Event Date 9-10 April 2011
- openSUSE Ambassadors: Diamond_gr, Warlordfff, Ankso, Ragecryx, Zoumpis
- Helpers: Efagra, terietor, kokeroulis, Elias Chrisoheris, Alex P. Natsios
- Event Details
- Tell us about the event, What did you do?
- How many DVDs taken and distributed? 300 (11.4) and 200 (11.3)
- How many people were there at the event: 1000 people
- How did you promote the Event?
- Any Interesting Story you will like to share with us? Although it was the first tech event we were applying, we made impression for how friendly the stuff was.
- Did you have a booth? Yes
- Who staffed the booth? Diamond_gr,Warlordfff, Ankso, Ragecryx, terietor, kokeroulis, Elias Chrisoheris, Alex P. Natsios, Efagra
- Would you go again? Yes
- What more can you do to make it better? Bring more Promo items, have more equipment (projectors, screens etc).
- Other Comments like Will you blog about the event - and where? We'll blog it to [Ambassadors blog]
Common Questions Asked edit
- Reasons why to install openSUSE and not Ubuntu?
- How can I contribute? I don't know how to use Linux?
- Why openSUSE is better than other distros?
Fosscomm2011 Αρχεία edit
Upload your presentations here