YaST Docker can be found in the main repositories for openSUSE Tumbleweed and openSUSE Leap 15.2. It can be installed by running:
zypper install yast2-docker
The module provides the following features:
- List Docker images available on the system.
- Delete Docker images from the system.
- Start Docker containers.
- List Docker container running on the system.
- Stop a running Docker container.
- Kill a running Docker container.
- Show changes made to a running Docker container compared to its original image.
- Inject a shell into a running container.
- Commit a running Docker container.
Docker containers can be started by selecting an image from the Images tab and pressing the "Run" button.
The run dialog allows you to specify the following options:
- Share a volume between the Docker host and the container. Details about this Docker feature can be found inside of the official documentation.
- Map services listening inside of the container to the public network. Details about this Docker feature can be found inside of the official documentation.
Inject terminal inside of a running container
Sometimes it can be useful to have a terminal inside of a running container. This operation can be accomplished by using the docker exec feature available since docker 1.3.
By pressing the "Inject terminal" button, on the Containers tab, a new terminal window is started. Exiting from the new shell session does not affect the running container.