If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
About Me edit
I am a Spacecraft Operations Engineer by day and a Linux enthusiast after hours (at home).
I left Win95 in 1998 for RedHat, and left Red Hat in 2001 for SuSE. I pretty much missed the Win98, 98se, 98me, WinXP, Win-Vista, and Windows-7 OS as a result of my using only Linux at home since 1998 (I am truely pathetic with those Windoze OS).
I started making an effort to contribute back to the Linux Open Source Free Software movement (per the Free Software Foundation definition) in late 2005 when I joined some SuSE Forums. An area where I am attempting to contribute to the open source movement is helping newbies get basic sound working on their PCs. I've also contributed a bit to the openSUSE wiki, where time and my experience permits.
Some documentation work that I have started, or contributed to (and would like to get more contributions to improve these wiki):
- Started page General openSUSE Concepts wiki (and since there have been MANY great contributors OTHER than myself)
- Created General openSUSE Sound Concepts
- Created openSUSE Audio Troubleshooting Guide
- Created page on updating openSUSE alsa via rpm and SDB:Alsa-update-snapshot
- Created page on AVCHD in openSUSE (which needs migration to new wiki format)
- Contributor to chess wiki (which needs migration to new wiki format => currently located here: openSUSE chess wiki )
- Help-coordinate migration of old suselinuxsupport.de (SLS) HOW-TOs to openSUSE wikis. There are many important links there, so until wiki migration process catches up, I have put page here: Migration of guides from old sls forum
- Contributor to Video Editing wiki (Video editing is a hobby of mine) (which also needs migration to new wiki format)
- Created old-en Boot DOS withouth Floppy - converted/modified from Ubuntu page (which needs migration to new wiki format - currently located here: Boot DOS without Floppy)
- Supported creation of Partition Boot Selector wiki which is currently pending review for inclusion or deletion from wiki
The things I like about openSUSE are:
- superb 3rd party multimedia packaged by Packman packagers for openSUSE
- openSUSE's excellent KDE implementation
- openSUSE's YaST configuration software
- openSUSE's community (forums, IRC chat ... )
- potential of the new openSUSE Build_Service and SUSE_Studio
- openSUSE's Free_and_Open_Source_Software
Aside from the nominal internet browsing, email, chat, video/music playback, and office application functionality of openSUSE, the main thing that I use openSUSE for is to create home videos, using application such as kdenlive.
I am Irish/Canadian. I currently live in Europe, and I hang out occasionally on IRC chat freenode #suse and other openSUSE IRC chat channels . I am also a moderator on http://forums.opensuse.org/ Email: oldcpu at opensuse-forums.org