Welcome to the realm of user experience
Let us join to develop easy, clear, feelgood and clear user interfaces. "Good design is when the interface does not interfere with the user's current task and the user has fun at work."
Discuss with us on firstname.lastname@example.org or on email@example.com as well.
Click here to sign up.
- Survey results of openSUSE - PDF and analysis of the survey
- Comparison between two ways of enable/disable settings
- Survey results openSUSE 11.0 - PDF
- Hard Disk Configuration Survey - Data for Participants with Basic Knowledge - PDF
- Hard Disk Configuration Survey - PDF
- YaST Survey - PDF
- Proprietary software in openSUSE-PDF
- openSUSE 10.2 survey-PDF
- A new name and functions for the YaST network card module?-PDF
- How do you deal with their network settings?-PDF
Usability and design projects
- usability and design work on webYaST
- YaST Software Management
Simplifying software management in YaST
- YaST Sound Card Configuration
- YaST Backup
- YaST Unified Button Labels in YaST
Redesign of fate, the client of the SUSE Feature Management database
- Live Environment
Design-Ideas for special cases in a Live environment, e.g. a Live-DVD or Live-CD.
Participate in our design!
- Usability study to test the new design of the openSUSE 11 installation
- YaST Partitioner
Redesign of our storage management and partitioning.
- YaST Printer Module
We aim to create a more consistent YaST printer configuration module as cutting-edge for other YaST configuration modules.
- YaST Multipathing Module
Redesign of YaST multipathing module
- YaST YaST Control Center
Redesign of the YaST Control Center.
- GNOME and YaST Control Center Integration
- openSUSE.org Wiki Frontpage (2008-08-01)
Illustration how the grouping of dialog elements can help. The picture shows the current and the enhanced wiki frontpage.
- openSUSE 11 Installation(2008-04-31)
Almost 45 minutes is quite a long time people need to wait until they can start their openSUSE installation. Let`s see how we can get you to your system quicker, easier and nicer!
Find out about the usability tests concerning the redesigned KDE start menu for openSUSE 10.2.
- YaST Network Card Module
Our goal is to give the nework card module a clear and easy structure.
- Boot Loader
Redesign of the boot loader module in YaST.
- Software Updates SUSE Updater
Create a small, easy to use tool that provides a convenient way to update your system
An easy to use task manager.