tagline: From openSUSE
Urban Terror is a idTech3 engine based shooter with a contemporary setting which began as a popular Quake III mod that is now standalone since ID software released the source code of the engine. The gameplay is very fast-paced and inspired by Hollywood movie depiction of gunfights. Development is done by an invite-only group of hobbyist game designers. Forks are prevented by keeping the assets under a Freeware license. It has a small but active e-Sport community.
- Game modes: Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Demolition, Jumping, etc.
- Authentication and nickname reservation, cheat detection
- Climbing and wall jumping
- Bleeding and bandages
- Weather effects
- Hitboxes: head, torso, arms, and legs
- Steam which grants access to comparable titles such as Counter-Strike or Double Action: Boogaloo