Talk:Product highlights 11.3
Should Internal Explaining Links Be Added?
Example: GNOME Desktop
openSUSE 11.3 comes with GNOME 2.30.1 and the following changes:
- GNOME 3.0 preview is available with GNOME Shell and the new accessibility stack (disabled by default)
- Tracker is the default file indexer.
- Empathy is the default IM client for GNOME. Empathy supports now sending files via drag & drop and the IRC module now includes support for common IRC commands such as /join.
- Access to iPhone/iPod touch files from nautilus. Rhythmbox can also play music from those devices.
- Transmission is shipped with DHT enabled
- Tomboy’s startup time has been drastically improved. Syncing notes can now be done automatically by enabling it in the preferences.
- Nautilus’ user interface now includes a new split view mode and the default is set to browser mode.
- Simple right-click menu item to open a an archive file (zip, .tar.gz, etc.) in nautilus.
- Improved selection of screensavers and games installed by default.
- Complete move away from hal to udisks/upower.
- Removal of the GNOME 1.x stack.
Or is the new wiki just not jet ready for that ?
See the many red links.--Pistazienfresser 18:27, 1 July 2010 (UTC)
We could also use external links for those apps where we don't have articles. --Digitaltomm 09:51, 2 July 2010 (UTC)