Updating screenshots from 13.2 to 42.1
Please follow the following guidelines when taking screenshots for this page:
- 1280*720 or 1366*768 resolution.
- Small and wide screens are a good fit for magazine and website articles! A high resolution screenshot looses details when scaled down as part of a publication.
- With the default theme, color scheme, window decoration, compositing enabled (as it is default!), widgets standard, etcetera. No fancy stuff ;-)
- This allows viewers to get a representative picture of openSUSE.
- Try to have application windows big, but not maximized
- This provides 'background' (literally) so you see how it all fits together
- Don't overload the screen with windows: 2-3 is really a lot already. Don't let it get too cluttered!
- Less is more and all that.
- If you want to do a screencast (awesome) try to follow the rules above and keep it short (around 3-4 minutes). Better have 3-4 separate video's of each a feature...
- Once you have updated the screenshot, remove the "13.2" in the title.
- Name the screenshot properly by appending or prepending 42.1 and desktop name: File:Login_screen.png = bad, make it File:Login_screen_GNOME_42.1.png
What screenshots to take
Below is a shortened list of screenshots we had for 13.2. Taking the same or similar shots for 42.1 would already be a great help. But more is helpful as long as it does not get repetitive or excessive.
KDE Plasma 5.4