SMPlayer intends to be a complete front-end for Mplayer. SMPlayer covers basic features like playing videos, DVDs, and VCDs, to more advanced features like support for MPlayer filters and more.
- Configurable subtitles. You can choose font and size, and even colors for the subtitles.
- Audio track switching. You can choose the audio track you want to listen. Works with avi and mkv. And of course with DVDs.
- Seeking by mouse wheel. You can use your mouse wheel to go forward or backward in the video.
- Video equalizer, allows you to adjust the brightness, contrast, hue, saturation and gamma of the video image.
- Multiple speed playback. You can play at 2X, 4X... and even in slow motion.
- Filters. Several filters are available: deinterlace, postprocessing, denoise... and even a karaoke filter (voice removal).
- Audio and subtitles delay adjustment. Allows you to sync audio and subtitles.
- Advanced options, such as selecting a demuxer or video & audio codecs.
- Playlist. Allows you to enqueue several files to be played one after each other. Autorepeat and shuffle supported too.
- Preferences dialog. You can easily configure every option of SMPlayer by using a nice preferences dialog.
- Possibility to search automatically for subtitles in <a href="http://www.opensubtitles.org">opensubtitles.org</a>.
- Translations: currently SMPlayer is translated into more than 20 languages, including Spanish, German, French, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese....
- It's multiplatform. Binaries available for Windows and Linux.
- SMPlayer is under the GPL license.
SMPlayer, is included to the Packman repositories.
For instructions on how to add repositories, see here. This can also be done using
and the above repository links. Once the Repositories, are added, issue the following commands as root
zypper install smplayer