If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
openSUSE Release Cycle
openSUSE Tumbleweed is openSUSE's rolling release, which is constantly updated and always at the 'latest release'
openSUSE Leap is openSUSE's regular release, which is has the following estimated release cycle:
- One minor release is expected approximately every 12 months, aligned with SUSE Linux Enterprise Service Packs
- One major release is expected after approximately 36-48 months, aligned with SUSE Linux Enterprise Releases
The life cycle of openSUSE Tumbleweed and Leap are documented in The Lifetime Wiki Page.
Upcoming openSUSE Leap Release
openSUSE Leap 15.2 is planned to be released in early July 2020, based on SLE 15 SP2. openSUSE Leap has a no Monday and Friday release policy (Alpha, Beta, RC, GA), pre-agreed day of week for releases is Thursday.
openSUSE Leap 15.2 has a slightly different roadmap than usual, since the enterprise variant SLE and openSUSE Leap will be moved closer together (Closing the Leap Gap): https://www.suse.com/c/sle-15-sp2-schedule-and-closing-the-opensuse-leap-gap/
Development Schedule for Leap 15.2:
- August 31st, 2019: Alpha (a date for completion of OBS and openQA setup, otherwise rolling Alpha until Beta phase)
- February 20th, 2020: Beta phase
- May 28th, 2020: RC phase, package freeze (usually 8 weeks after Beta, due to the circumstances this time 14 weeks after Beta)
- June 22nd, 2020: translation deadline for packages
- June 23rd, 2020: final package submission deadline
- June 23rd, 2020: translation deadline for infrastructure
- June 25th, 2020: Gold Master followed by a public release the next week on Thursday.
- Wikipedia entry (sometimes more up to date)
- Build Service roadmap page about planning details
- openSUSE Release process
- Lifetime of openSUSE releases