If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
openSUSE Release Cycle
openSUSE Tumbleweed is openSUSE's rolling release, which is constantly updated and always at the 'latest release'
openSUSE Leap is openSUSE's regular release, which is has the following estimated release cycle:
- One minor release is expected approximately every 12 months, aligned with SUSE Linux Enterprise Service Packs
- One major release is expected after approximately 36-48 months, aligned with SUSE Linux Enterprise Releases
The life cycle of openSUSE Tumbleweed and Leap are documented in The Lifetime Wiki Page.
Upcoming openSUSE Leap Release
here might be an intermediate openSUSE Leap 15.2.1 release in October 2020 based on the outcome of the project Jump which is our implementation of Closing The Leap Gap. This is driven by the readiness of the project. If it's not ready we'll enroll Closing The Leap Gap changes in openSUSE Leap 15.3
Regular next release openSUSE Leap 15.3 is planned to be released in June 2021, based on SLE 15 SP3 sources and binaries. openSUSE Leap 15.3 is mostly likely going to be last openSUSE Leap based on SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 code base (see major release note above).
openSUSE Leap has a no Monday and Friday release policy (Alpha, Beta, RC, GA), pre-agreed day of week for releases is Thursday.
Development Schedule for Leap 15.3:
June 2021: Gold Master followed by a public release the next week on Thursday.
- Wikipedia entry (sometimes more up to date)
- Build Service roadmap page about planning details
- openSUSE Release process
- Lifetime of openSUSE releases