If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
- prerequisite for any update is a bug report at https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/.
- if you have questions if a fix is feasible for an update, set the state NEEDINFO firstname.lastname@example.org in the bug-report
- the packager submits fixed packages.
- the submission receives review from the openSUSE Maintenance team and, if the submission was not from the maintainer, from the maintainer.
- the submission gets included in a testing repository and the patch-documentation will be prepared by the openSUSE Maintenance team.
- after postive feedback by testers of the update-test repository the update gets released into the official main update repository of the particular openSUSE version.
Notes about security updates
Bug reports for security issues are supervised by email@example.com instead of firstname.lastname@example.org. Such bug reports can also be recognized by the 'VUL-0' or 'VUL-1' prefix in the bug's subject. Apart from that the process is basically identical to normal bug fixes.
Differences for openSUSE Leap
Before you start working on a fix for openSUSE Leap, please check if the package is not maintained in SLE. A list of all packages and where they are maintained you can find here:
openSUSE Leap 15.2
or via commandline:
$ osc less openSUSE:Leap:15.2:Update 00Meta lookup.yml
If the package is maintained in SLE, please open a bugreport at Bugzilla against the Leap product.