This wiki was updated to MediaWiki 1.37. If you notice any issues, please report them to admin[at]opensuse.org
(Redirected from NVIDIA)
There are two sources of DDX drivers for NVIDIA video cards:
- The Free and Open Source DDX drivers for hardware from NVIDIA are named nouveau and modesetting.
- The DDX drivers from the hardware manufacturer NVIDIA are themselves named nvidia and cannot be integrated directly into openSUSE because of their license.
Fortunately for the new users, NVIDIA and openSUSE provide a very easy way to install NVIDIA drivers using YaST.
To install proprietary NVIDIA driver, please consult:
- SDB:NVIDIA drivers if you want to use the package management system (regular users)
- SDB:NVIDIA the hard way if you want to install them manually (experts)
- SDB:NVIDIA troubleshooting if you experience problems with the proprietary drivers
- SDB:NVIDIA Bumblebee for Optimus hardware (common on laptops with Intel chipsets)
- SDB:NVIDIA SUSE Prime alternative for Optimus hardware (currently preferred over Bumblebee)
See HCL:Nvidia video cards for a list of hardware tested by the community.