The Pinebook Pro is a laptop based on Rockchip RK3399 SOC with Mali T860 MP4 GPU.
- Rockchip RK3399 SoC
- 2x ARM Cortex-A72
- 4x ARM Cortex-A53
- ARM Mali-T860 MP4 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 14" 1080p IPS Panel
- Bootable Micro SD Slot
- 64GB of eMMC (Upgradable)
- PCIe x4 to m.2 NVMe SSD Slot (requires optional adapter)
- SPI Flash 128Mbit
- HD Digital Video Out via USB-C
- USB 2.0 Host
- USB 3.0 Host
- USB-C (Data, Power and Video out)
- Lithium Polymer Battery (10000mAH)
- Stereo Speakers
- WiFi 802.11 AC + Bluetooth 5.0
- Headphone Jack
- Front-Facing Camera (1080p)
- Privacy Switches for Camera, Microphones and BT/WiFi
- UART Access via Audio Jack
- Barrel Power (5V 3A) Port
Installation: Writing a disk image to the SD card, eMMC or USB
|JeOS image E20 image XFCE image LXQT image GNOME image KDE image X11 image|
If the direct links above do not work for you, please check the general download directory for the images.
Get serial connection
The Pinebook Pro has a serial port on the audio Jack, but you need to enable it by removing the bottom cover of the laptop and setting the UART switch towards the touchpad.
You can buy the debug cable from PINE64 Store: https://pine64.com/product/pinebook-pinephone-pinetab-serial-console/ or you can build your own cable by following https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=5026
The pinout for the serial connector on the laptop side is:
- Tip: RX
- Ring: TX
- Sleeve: GND
The serial connection is 3.3V and 115200n8.
The rk3399 SoC will look for boot code (u-boot) from SPI, eMMC, SD card (in this order).
Once u-boot is booted, upstream u-boot has the following boot order: SD, eMMC, NVME, USB, network.
Note: If you use u-boot from Manjaro, the order is different: USB, SD, eMMC, NVME, network.
- When booted from openSUSE Tumbleweed image, there are some issues Which need to be fixed (See boo#1194491):
- Sound does not work out of the box. See how to fix it here: https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1194491#c63
- Power led is not lighted-up (not managed by upstream u-boot yet)
Screen is not working with upstream u-boot version 2021.10.This is fixed in u-boot 2022.01 (Tumbleweed snapshot 20220123+).