If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
The FriendlyARM NanoPi K2 is a single-board computer.
- Amlogic S905 SoC
- 4x ARM Cortex-A53 CPU
Writing a disk image to the SD card
- Download the image you want (Leap is stable, Tumbleweed is rolling) from here:
This image uses the Tumbleweed kernel and userspace, but you need to manually install the bootloader as outlined below before and after first boot.Version:Tumbleweed
If the direct links above do not work for you, please check the general download directory for the images.
- As root extract the image onto your SD card (replace sdX with the device name of your SD card).
WARNING: all previous data on the SD card will be lost. Check first if the device you have selected is really your SD card!
xzcat [image].raw.xz | dd bs=4M of=/dev/sdX iflag=fullblock oflag=direct; sync
- Insert the SD card with the openSUSE image into your board.
- Connect the board to your PC via serial port (optional, but helpful for debugging; USB-TTL serial cable needed).
- Connect the board to your monitor (via DVI/HDMI, optional).
- Power on the board.
- Walk through the first boot steps.
- Ethernet is configured to request an IP via DHCP, check your DHCP server for the board IP if used.
- Have a lot of fun...
Mainline U-Boot does not yet contain support for the K2.
git clone https://github.com/friendlyarm/u-boot.git u-boot-k2 -b nanopi-k2-v2015.01
# generate bl30_new.bin u-boot-k2/fip/blx_fix.sh \ u-boot-k2/fip/gxb/bl30.bin \ zero_tmp \ bl30_zero.bin \ u-boot-k2/fip/gxb/bl301.bin \ bl301_zero.bin \ bl30_new.bin \ bl30 # generate fip.bin u-boot-k2/fip/fip_create \ --bl30 bl30_new.bin \ --bl31 u-boot-k2/fip/gxb/bl31.img \ --bl33 u-boot-k2/build/u-boot.bin \ --dump \ fip.bin # generate bl2_new.bin u-boot-k2/fip/blx_fix.sh \ u-boot-k2/fip/gxb/bl2_acs.bin \ zero_tmp \ bl2_zero.bin \ u-boot-k2/fip/gxb/bl21.bin \ bl21_zero.bin \ bl2_new.bin \ bl2 cat bl2_new.bin fip.bin > boot_new.bin amlbootsig boot_new.bin u-boot.img
dd if=u-boot.img of=/dev/sdX bs=512 seek=1
The mainline kernel has no .dts for the K2 yet.