If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
Archive:Board meeting 2021-05-25
Syds. Axel, Simon, Gerald, Gertjan, Neal and Vinz Guest: Sasi
- Mailing lists moderation
- The board invited Sasi to discuss the options and possibilities re. the subject. Gerald asks whether we all agree that this should be aligned with the rules / guiding principles on other platforms we have. Board agrees unanimously that code of conduct / guiding principles should apply to mailing lists and other platforms.
- Most complaints @board are about MLs, not forums or Discord / Telegram/ Matrix
- Sasi: we should have a wiki page with moderators, and a described way to contact them
- Currently we have 3 mods, 1 in EU, 1 in the US, 1 in Australia.
- Communication currently takes place via the moderators ML
We agree that we need:
- A Moderators Team mailing list process
- Way to contact them.
- A solution for permissions, since that team would currently not be able to ban/unban. Needs full access.
- Set of rules on a dedicated wiki page.
- Neal: we need to set the rules before we start
AI: Gertjan - be contact as forums mod. AI: Sasi setup a wiki page. AI: Sasi look into the details re. mailman
- Freenode - issue#4
Board discussed the freenode -> libera.chat move triggered by the freenode crisis.
AI: Gerald: registration and then draft an email proposing move to libera Simon/Neal: needs namespace / group
We also discussed some tech details re. registering etc.
- Tracking Board meetings / agendas
- Neal: we're not ready for recorded meetings / live stream
- Discusion re. tech details.
- Public part first, meet.opensuse.org/oSboard, private stuff in separate room.
- Simon linked agenda items to issues in code.o.o