Those are the notes of the GNOME 3 Integration BoF that was held during the openSUSE Conference 2011.
- we're waiting for the default background from the artwork team
- a few people suggested using the sonar theme by default (since there's a GTK+ 3 port). First tests show that it might not be ready, though.
- Garrett wrote a gnome-shell theme; could be something to investigate.
- Fallback mode should be improved a bit for easier migration (gnome-main-menu should really be ported, for instance)
- Discussion about installing the shutdown/power-off extension by default. Current proposal is to have it on non-laptop hardware (since suspend is less likely to be used there).
- Add a yast icon inside gnome-control-center to make the yast shell more discoverable.
- Improve search in overview: most used apps should appear first, and having to type 3 characters is a bit annoying (no "f" to start firefox)
- Fallback mode is apparently not detected in VNC.