openSUSE:Most annoying bugs 13.2
For general information about reporting bugs, see Submit a Bug.
To directly report a bug against openSUSE 13.2 - use "openSUSE Distribution" now, here's a shortcut.
- In LXDE Parcellite clears (unselects) text selections automatically SF#131.
Workaround: Use Parcellite 1.1.9 from the repository
X11:lxdeor disable Use primary (selection) in Preferences ⟶ Behaviour.
- Bug #903576
Failed to start Load Kernel Modulesreported while system boot-up
- Problem: No longer existing kernel module after upgrade from 13.1
- Workaround: Remove
- Bug #905151
- Symptoms: YaST test page (or other documents) print out divided into two or four sheets of paper
- Problem: Missing MIME conversion rule for filter gstoraster in package cups-filters-ghostscript
- Workaround: Re-install cups-filters-ghostscript and restart cupsd (as root run "zypper install --force cups-filters-ghostscript" and "rccups restart")
- See also: Bug #904652
Time Server ntp
When running your own local ntp time server and your time gets reset (for me that happened on a new MacbookPro12.1 after my laptop battery died: Time got reset to 1st of january 2015 0:01 AM) then you have to manually set the time. Even if you have the ntpd running. Because even with "-g" ntpd won't set the time, as it is configured with authentication by default which fails because of the wrong date ;)
Possible fix: Run:
/usr/sbin/sntp -p -4 -s pool.ntp.org when you get a network connection up, but of course this introduces a small risk, because no authentication is used. But for my workstation that's OK.
... having KDE set the time via ntp also would fix the problem ;)
- Bug #903736
- Symptoms: grub2 cannot load initrd after update
- Problem: /dev/disk/by-id/ata-XXX symlinks have changed after update
- Workaround: Make sure to use the /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-XXX symlinks prior to update
- See also: Bug #903736