openSUSE:LinuxDay 2013 TO
tagline: From openSUSE
openSUSE @ Linux Day 2013 - Settimo Torinese (TO)
The openSUSE Project is planning to attend Linux Day 2013 - Settimo Torinese (TO)
Event website Linux Day 2013 Settimo Torinese
* Location: Biblioteca Civica Multimediale Archimede - Piazza Campidoglio, 50 * Date: October 26th 2013 ** Booth Setup: October 26th 2013 ** End: October 26th 2013 * Opening Times: 10:00 AM
* How many attendees does the event have? 100 * Who is organizing this event? GlugTo * What are the target visitors for this event? students/IT professionals/FOSS contributors/FOSS users/newbies/etc * Registration required? No * Who is organizing this event from openSUSE? Alexjan Carraturo Marina Latini
What will be there
- openSUSE talks:
- openSUSE workshop(s)
- Alexjan Carraturo openSUSE on embedded systems
- Twitter: @openSUSE_IT with hashtag #LinuxDay2013
- Facebok: LinuxDayItalia
- Google+: LinuxDay
- blogs: GlugTo
Attendees, presence and travel info
||Helps at booth
||Gives a talk (about)|
|Alexjan Carraturo||Milan||Saturday 9:00||Saturday 19:00||No||No||Of course I help at booth!||Will talk about openSUSE on embedded systems|
|Marina Latini||Milan||Saturday 9:00||Saturday 19:00||No||No||Of course I help at booth!||Will talk about openSUSE and how to contribute to openSUSE project|
|ST-Ericsson Snowball board||Alexjan Carraturo||1|
|ST SPEAr 320 evaluation board||Alexjan Carraturo||1|
Required from the international team:
|# booth kits
||# other things?|
|1||4 (with one XXL please)||promoDVD and cap|
After the Event
LinuxDay 2013 TO // Event report edit
- About the visitors:
- What kind of people come to the event?
- How technical is the event?
- How much is it about 'open source'?
- Attendance Details
- Tell us about the event
- Did you have a booth and how did that work?
- Did we meet noteworthy people?
- follow-up needed?
- What can we improve for the future...
- Would you go again?
- What more can you do to make it better?
- Other Comments, like:
- The booth/team operating well?
- Any interesting topic you heard:
- Any feedback from outside:
- Were you aware of talking points ?
- and if so, is there anything to improve? If not, how can we ensure people DO know about these?
The posters have three goals:
- get people intrigued
- draw them to our booth to ask questions
- give something to our advocates to talk about to booth visitors
- did you see people read the posters?
- did they lead to questions, did ppl come to the booth?
- did/can the booth people use the poster texts as 'talking points'?
- anything else?
Flyers The flyers have three goals:
- give people something they can take home to study and find links to further information (we used to have people photograph the posters, that is why the flyers have the same information on them!)
- get people intrigued and get them to ask questions
- give something to our ambassadors to talk about to booth visitors
- did people take the flyers, read them?
- did they lead to questions?
- did/can the booth people use the flyers as 'talking points'?
- anything else?
- We also have DVD's, stickers and pluche geeko's and t-shirts. We know the pluche geeko's are popular. How about the DVD's, T-shirts, stickers and other things? Do you think they're worth the effort? Can we improve? What do others do?
Common Questions Asked edit
Please tell us what commonly asked questions you've got!
- Question 1
LinuxDay 2013 TO Presentations edit
- What talks did openSUSE give
- name, topic,
- was it well attended?
- link to slides
- link to video
- name, topic,
- did we do a BoF
- topic, attendees, results
- did we do a workshop?
- number of attendees
Recordings of the event edit
(more recordings or links to pictures)