openSUSE:KDE Meeting 20110112
tagline: From openSUSE
- 1 Old Action Items
- 2 Status Report
- 3 Taking stock for 2011
- 4 Repository planning with upcoming KDE releases - KDE:Release:46 needed?
- 5 tapping and Synaptiks - enable it and fix broken X default?
- 6 k3b 2.0.2 without hal requirement?
- 7 Akonadi and mysqld running on livecd and for fresh user
- 8 KPackageKit status
- 9 Switch off nepomuk/nepomuk+strigi by default in 11.4?
- 10 Q&A
- 11 Action Items
Old Action Items
- wstephenson to contact i18n team with regards to openSUSE guides. Not done but i just talked to ke yesterday and he seemed fairly chilled about 11.4 i18n. I'll ask
- javier to contact Beineri with regards to the live cd listings on kde-apps. Not done
- wstephenson to lead the skimming through the openfate entries. Done.
- wstephenson: Packaged amarok 2.4.0, testing lots of patches from trueg to solve busy virtuoso, worrying about 11.4 polish and integration features being done, panicking about not doing any KNM work yet.
- tittiatcoke: Unstable received it's first 4.7 trunk snapshat. KDE:Unstable:SC:kdepim46 received a couple of updates directly from git. Submitted oxygen-gtk, rekonq and bluedevil to Factory. (Not accepted yet. awaiting legal review)
- krop: kdepim 4.4.9 is in kde:release:45
Taking stock for 2011
- We're doing farely well at packaging, bug triaging, updating etc. (bread and butter stuff)
- We could do better at feature work and configuration for releases, communicating with outside world.
- Cb400f complains we're not good enough at getting the relevant things into Factory quickly enough for thorough testing. Better planning and coordination needed.
Repository planning with upcoming KDE releases - KDE:Release:46 needed?
- Need for KR46 to be discussed on the mailing list
- kdepim46 continues to be available
tapping and Synaptiks - enable it and fix broken X default?
- We will enable touchpad tapping via Synaptiks for 11.4, with "disable while typing" set to 0.8 secs.
k3b 2.0.2 without hal requirement?
- Will Stephenson will look at the post to the mailing list.
Akonadi and mysqld running on livecd and for fresh user
- Will Stephenson will look into bnc#661844
- KPackageKit is the default updater in 11.4. We need to test it, especially with PackageKit 0.6.11. And we need to watch bnc#637764. And we need to fix naming clash with KPK in Systemsettings vs. sw_single in YaST
Switch off nepomuk/nepomuk+strigi by default in 11.4?
- We stay with status quo of 11.3. Nepomuk stays on by default. Strigi stays off.
- Discussion about how to name git based packages. Date or unix timestamp? No final decision.
- Next meeting at 16.30 CET? mrdocs will write the list.
- ACTION: tigerfoot think about how to execute next release cycle better (calendar, task allocation)
- ACTION: tittiatcoke think about how to execute next release cycle better (calendar, task allocation)
- ACTION: tittiatcoke 'enable tapping and disable while typing with 0.8 seconds' for synaptiks in kdebase4-opensuse config
- ACTION: wstephenson review hal k3b 2.0.2 list
- LINK: http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-kde/2011-01/msg00019.html
- ACTION: wstephenson handle bnc#661844
- ACTION: cb400f report kpk naming clash with sw_single
- ACTION: rabauke write openSUSE:KDE_11.4_packagekit
- ACTION: wstephenson to contact i18n team with regards to openSUSE guides.
- ACTION: javier to contact Beineri with regards to the live cd listings on kde-apps.