openSUSE:Build Service Concept Trust Implementation
tagline: From openSUSE
Status of the document
- This is kept intentionally short for now, until the Trust Concept has been developed more
- store a trust level (int value 0-100) on users.opensuse.org
- project owners in the OBS can decide base on the trust level who they want to let join.
- The trust level of a project is the smallest trust level of all project members: A project with Person A (40 points) and Person B (30 points) has a trust level of 30. If they decide to allow also Person C (1 point) to join, the project goes down to trust level 1 as well.
- Software.opensuse.org search results get sorted by trust level by default.
- YaST shall get an option to set a required trust level. When a project falls below, it needs to be accepted explicitely.
- trust can be gained and granted:
- in soft terms, this granted trust should accumulate yet also depend on the trust of the granting user. The maths needs to be robust enough to gracefully allow for mutual trust.
- in paranoia mode, no grantees trust should never be higher than any granters trust
- in group hug mode, mutual trust should be able to grow trust, maybe qucik at the beginning and then slower for larger numbers of granters.
- should trust be allowed to be negative (-100..100) and we allow for mistrust?