- Ancor González Sosa
- Ondřej Holeček
- Andreas Färber
- Imobach González Sosa
- Jiri Srain
- David Díaz González
- Iván López González
- Knut Anderssen González
- Georg Pfützenreuter
- Add yourself if I forgot your name
- Welcome newcomers and summary of the context/mission/scope of the work-group
- Discussed a reasonable goal: a modular installer that can (optionally) configure the network and then get its different components and the system to install (all that could also be in a local source).
- Ondrej elaborate on his idea already outlined here.
- Small initrd that can execute containers
- The installer itself is made of containers to perform the different steps
- It may impact the memory requirements, but is worth trying
- The containers should be able to communicate its result to other containers through some API (json files?)
- Installation itself could work like this:
- Installer analyses the system and gets requirements (interactively or from some source of configuration)
- Installer generates a manifest based on the previous step
- That manifest is used to generate a fully customized image
- The image is deployed
- Try to build a small initrd that can execute containers, to research how feasible the whole idea is.