< openSUSE:ALP | Workgroups | GrassyKnoll
- Wont use transactional updates
- Wont use containers in the core of the OS but will support running containerized workloads from ALP
- Be a base that's easy for the community to build on.
- Support X11 Desktop Environments
- Be an Ideal solution for embedded systems.
- Migration from Leap 15 systems
- Continue to offer desktop apps as rpm's where possible.
- Packages SUSE ALP supports in "Bare Metal Mode"
- KVM Server
- Anything else people would like to contribute.
- aarch64 (Raspberry Pi)
The reason for this scope is these are the requirements for my personal KVM Desktop Server alongside XFCE as its a popular community option. This is what I could commit to maintaining at a stretch it should also be enough to have a base for many other community packages. The idea is we will add more as people step up to help.
Goals achieved during Hackweek 2023
- Setup a "Backports" repository for "Community Packages"
- Created a basic generic kvm image based on ALP
- Created desktop KVM (qcow2) images for Enlightenment, GNOME and Xfce
- Created desktop Live CD (iso) images for Enlightenment, GNOME and Xfce
- Setup basic openQA testing based off existing tumbleweed tests.
- Create a Raspberry Pi image for testing
- KDE images