This wiki was updated to MediaWiki 1.37. If you notice any issues, please report them to admin[at]opensuse.org

openSUSE:ALP/Workgroups/Git-Packaging-Workflow/Minutes/20220810

Jump to: navigation, search

ALP: Build Service Git-Packaging Workflow

Meeting Wednesdays at 07:00 UTC in

https://meet.opensuse.org/alp-git-packaging-workflow

Attendees

  • Alberto Planas
  • Dirk Müller
  • Adrian Schröter
  • Stephan Kulow
  • Dan Čermák
  • Bernhard Wiedemann
  • David Anes

Discussion Items

  • Status update:
  • Proposal on replacing the .changes files
    • Use tags to mark the commits that will be used to generate the changelog entries
    • Commits without a tag would be ignored in the changelog, the ones with tags will be descibed
    • Maybe problems with cherry-pick
    • Those tags can be pushed, edited, deleted and created using git commands. The UX is not ideal but the feature is there
    • One missing point can be that cannot be part of a PR (PR can not consist of tags)
  • Alternative: invent a commit message syntax that obsoletes (replaces) a previous commit message identified by a gitshasum
    • Major downside: on cherrypick/branch merges obsolete tags need to be rewritten

Action Items

  • AI: dcermak refine git changelog tracking approach after today’s discussion

Old Action Items

  • AI: all: start using the git packaging workflow and identify the quirks
  • AI: help Dan to update documentation on how to use git based packages (add to https://openbuildservice.org/help/manuals/obs-user-guide/ ?)
  • AI: enavarro research how Gitea can be added to the list of existing CI/CD integrations
  • AI: dcermak experiment with git tags for replacing the .changes file ?
  • AI: Adrian and snbarth to see how build status can be reported in the gitea webui for a particular source state