If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
About Me edit
Hi, I'm Michael McCallister (but most folks call me Mike). I live in West Allis, a working class suburb of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in the US Midwest. I'm a writer by trade, and have been using SUSE Linux and its successors off-and-on since about 1999. Guess that makes me an old-timer.
In 2005, some months after Novell purchased SuSE, the folks at Sams Publishing asked me to write SUSE Linux Unleashed. It was a bit of work (Should I mention that when I started writing, the distro was at v9.2, and by the time I got done, v10 was out?), but the results were pretty good. I followed that up two years later with the first book with "openSUSE" in the title.
I'm a proud Member of the openSUSE Community!
Some other things to know about me:
- Senior Document Architect at PKWARE, Inc. (Yes, our founder invented the ZIP file, but you can now look to us for your enterprise encryption needs.)
- Run a SuSE Linux desktop at home pretty much since version 5.3
- Besides the Linux books, I co-authored WordPress in Depth (QUE, 2010) with Bud Smith, and Build Your Author Platform: The New Rules (Ben Bella, 2015) with Carole Jelen.
- Freelance contributor of articles on openSUSE to such venues as Search Enterprise Linux, Linux.com, and the late, lamented Linux Journal
- Senior member of the Society for Technical Communication
- Member, National Writers Union (US).
- Member, Milwaukee Linux Users Group
- In the long ago, I created the opensuse-users YahooGroup
Come visit my blog, Notes from the Metaverse.
I've made presentations to the WritersUA conference (on open source tools for technical communication) and the Madison LUG. I've started to become a decent speaker.