Holger is a Technical Project Manager.
About Holger edit
Holger has 19 years in the industry and 16 years working for SUSE Linux in Nuremberg, Germany. Currently he is working as a Technical Project Manager for the Enterprise Storage and Virtualization department.
During his study of Computer Science at the Fachhochschule Nuremberg, he had his first contact with Linux. After his apprenticeship as a Software Developer, Holgi worked for the Linux development team of Caldera in Erlangen, Germany. When the United Linux project was initiated in 2002 he joined SUSE Linux.
He has been involved in testing Linux systems for 12 years. Before that his focus has been in developing testing applications.
In 2009 he founded the openSUSE Testing Core Team. Since then a group of testers from the openSUSE Community is in charge of testing the distribution.
Since 2014 he is in charge of the technical project management and release management for a number of SUSE Linux Enterprise products:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Point of Service (2014 - 2015)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension (2015 - 2016)
- Geo-Clustering für SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension (2015 - 2016)
- SUSE Enterprise Storage (2014 - on going)
Talks & Development
- Talk at FOSDEM 2007: Testing the openSUSE Distribution
- Talk at openSUSE Conference 2009: Testing the openSUSE Distribution
- Talk at openSUSE Conference 2010: Testopia, the Bugzilla add-on to get openSUSE tested
- Talk at openSUSE Summit 2012: Best practices for Bugzilla and Bug reporting
- During Novell's 1st Hack Week he was one of the Award Winners with his QA project: PHP library for Testopia API.