Name : Bruno Friedmann
Born : 3 June 1970 in Toul (France)
Live : Working and living in Charmoille, french part of Switzerland (Jura) [See it on gmaps], [OSM] [Wikipédia French infos], [www.labaroche.ch]
Work : Co-founder and manager of a small consultancy enterprise Ioda-Net Sàrl (french), installing and promoting Free and opensource software.
Languages : French, English.
This need to work !
I has fallen in computers in 1991, started with Dos,Windows, NT etc. I really enjoy development & testing, and also as system administrator too. (this thing needs to work !)
From the last 12 years, I've been using opensource software and more intensively (exclusively) openSUSE from 2004. If you don't find me often on IRC, it's just because I'm a shadow's worker, in the front battle, the mud to have my customer's running openSUSE server instead of concurrency operating software.
Participation & contribution
I was very proud to become a visible active lizard. And I would like to thank all folk's here who made this great distribution we can use for what we needs. Further seeing how our community & project is envolving
Active online participation
- You would find me in
- KDE : hunting bugs inside my favorite desktop, also helping a bit to the wiki & meetings [wiki page]
- Bacula : Packaging for mass and mailing list [www.bacula.org] [bacula packages]
- Bareos : the new comer in backup/restore a fork of Bacula [bareos.org]
- Zend Framework : PhP framework [website]
- [PostgreSQL] & [PostGIS] and other mapping software like Qgis, Mapserver, Grass
- OpenSUSE : in bugzilla, IRC channels, Mailing lists (like artwork, marketing), and former Ambassadors
- FSFE : I'm also a proud fellowship of fsfe.org [fsfe.org]
- OBS : building some packages, like squidview, Bacula, postgis, mapserver, postgresql-plr, pgadmin, mysql-workbench
- Maintain the unofficial but working repository of ATI/AMD fglrx repository [FGLRX wiki page]
Active real life participation
Too awesome to meet people in real life.
- Participate to Desktop Summit 2011 in Berlin
- Afup in Paris Nov 2007 [afup] conferences about PhP
- Fosdem 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2013 [Fosdem]
- openSUSE Conference 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and next 2014 (Yeah so much regrets about the missing Greek edition in 2013)
- PgDays europe at Paris in Nov. 2009, at Stuttgart in Dec 2010, Prague in 2012, Dublin 2013
- LinuxDays in Geneva 2009
- FrOsCamp in Zürich Sep 2010 : openSUSE Booth as ambassador.
- Marketing Hackweek and Scale : Feb 2011 in LA, Feb 2013 in Nuremberg
- Presentation & support at fosscom 2011 in Patra
- Setup a git mirror for marketing/artwork team
2011 The Lizard Year
I was at Fosdem, in Zürich presenting openSUSE project during Gnome3 launch party. Also in Patra (Greece) with the Greek ambassadors team, also co-organize the virtual launch party on SecondLife for the launch of 11.4
Wear almost my geeko t-shirt everyday. Don't panic, I've several sorts of them. Was at OSC 2011 for the rwx sessions, and will present a workshop about kvm/libvirtd. Then the 12.1 launch !
Fosdem again, osc14 in Dubrovnik, First year as Board's member.
Still dreaming about a washed-pink branding package ... Put Geeko on a drone :-)
Years will continue to pass, and this page will be updated from time to time.
my blog on lizards is open [blog]
Primarily, I would post tricks & tips but this time in french, to help getting a better french user groups. Unfortunately, there's only posts in English.
If you have request or special desires, don't hesitate to leave me a note.
This [page] in french ... will be certainly done during the 21st century :-)