tagline: From openSUSE
Unvanquished is a free and Open Source First Person Shooter and Real Time Strategy hybrid game. Two asymmetric factions: human military vs. insectoid aliens fight over dominance in a space science fiction setting. The project started as a fork of Tremulous and is in active and open development with a monthly release schedule. For rendering it relies on the Daemon engine which is ultimately based on idTech 3, but with numerous graphical improvements.
- Modern OpenGL version 3 compliant renderer.
- Special effects, including bloom, rim lighting, motion blur, heat haze, and color grading.
- Models with skeletal animation and procedural animation blending.
- 2D minimaps and a real-time beacon system.
- Support for normal, specular, glow, and gloss texture maps.
- Navmesh-based bots utilizing behavior trees.
- Localization support with several community-produced translations
- Steam which grants access to comparable commercial titles such as Natural Selection 2