Usage is similar to rsync. By default, it will prompt for confirmation of any changes to be made.
-ui textoption (not needed if running in a real console).
Local (e.g. from home directory to flash drive)
Remote (e.g. between servers)
It is important to note that the same version of unison should be used on both machines when synchronizing remotely.
- auto - Do not prompt for confirmation of each change
- batch - Do not prompt before committing changes
- prefer - If there are any file conflicts, prefer the listed directory instead of asking
- version - Prints the version number of the unison binary
- testServer - Tests a remote connection without actually making any changes
A complete list of options can be found in the unison documentation at http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/, or locally in /usr/share/doc/packages/unison/unison-manual.html.