SDB Talk:Live USB stick
writing images to USB from Windows 7 fails
Exception write during caught:System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access denied At ImageWriter.DriveAccess.Write(Byte||buffer,UInt32len) At ImageWriter.MainWindow,WriteToDisk()
Your user doesn't have the permission to write to the disk, most likely --Zbuhman 17:28, 19 November 2011 (MST)
Even when right-clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator" I got this. --IBBoard 13:16, 12 December 2011 (MST)
Even after unmounting the device like this
mountvol F: \d
and after removing all partitions from the flash disk (i've used diskpart). --Alphawell 12 January 2014
Persistent file system
Under the persistent file system section it tells you to add
"at the initial boot prompt" (presumably meaning Grub, although that could be clearer). The question is, how do I make the persistent filesystem persistent (i.e. auto-add it to the boot options every single boot)?
You modify your grub/syslinux configuration, appending that to the modeline. Zbuhman 11:23, 20 April 2012 (MDT)
- Not working on opensuse 12.3 ?
- At least on 13.1 XFCE rescue image, you need doing nothing to get the persistent filesystem. It is automatically created on the first boot, by default. I guess the KDE/Gnome images do the same. Check.
Create Live USB (console) won't work on Ubuntu 12.10
- When Disks is open, tap the More Actions button (The Gears) on the upper right.
- Select "Restore Disk Image".
- Select the openSuse ISO.
- You are done.
Rawrite32 for Windows
i have tried several other utilities [suse imagewriter, unetbootin, ...] without any success. This app did the job correctly and fast, it also calculates checksums for the selected iso
The page "Live USB stick" should be renamed
- I understood what has happen : the current version (v42.1, Leap) has no live ISO, like v13.2 had. --Dicam (talk) 12:15, 7 January 2016 (UTC)
Why not add Etcher to this wiki page? It is recommended for Windows users, and not everyone (like Ubuntu users) have easy access to SUSE Imagewriter (without compiling from source).