SDB:Making installation screenshots
Print Screen button and save the file anywhere. Be aware that some directories, like /tmp, can be emptied or removed.
It's really easy – all you have to do is the following.
You need access to some kind of filesystem to be able to save the screenshots - if you plan to format your entire harddisk during installation it's not recommended to use this filesystem of course. This example uses a floppy disk, you can use any filesystem however, i.e. usb-key, harddisk partition that will not be overwritten or others.
- When the YaST graphical installer starts, press
F2- this will provide you with a root terminal.
- Enter the following command:
This will mount the floppy disk to /media/.
F7to return to the graphical installer.
Make the screenshots
- Now all you have to do is press
- A file dialog will appear asking you where to save the screenshot - save it to the location where you mounted the filesystem - in this case /media/
During the Package Installation part of installation you're only allowed to make screenshots if certain objects are in focus - hit
Print Screen alternately a couple of times and you should be all right.
The screenshots are saved in PNG format.
Unmount the filesystem
When you're done taking screenshots or before ending the installation you should unmount the filesystem to ensure all data is actually written to the filesystem.
F2to go to the virtual terminal. Enter the following command:
Screenshots in text mode
This is currently not possible. If you really need them you can do the following
- For installations, use a Virtual Machine
- For normal YaST, run it in a X based terminal and take screenshots of that