Welcome to the Kubic Portal edit
openSUSE Kubic is a Project maintaining multiple container-related technologies as part of the openSUSE Project.
- openSUSE MicroOS - an openSUSE Tumbleweed based OS providing Transactional (Atomic) Updates upon a read-only btrfs root filesystem, designed to host container workloads with automated administration & patching.
- Tumbleweed-Kubic - a Container as a Service Platform based on Kubernetes atop openSUSE MicroOS
- Velum - a dashboard for openSUSE & SUSE Container as a Service
The Kubic Project acts as the upstream for SUSE CaaS Platform
The source code of Velum and much of our Kubic-related tooling can be found on our GitHub Project
MicroOS will also soon be offered as Virtual Machine Images
Tumbleweed-Kubic currently offers the following supported System Roles which can be selected during Installation
- openSUSE MicroOS
- "Unconfigured Cluster Node" - openSUSE MicroOS plus an unconfigured Kubic Kubernetes Stack
Alpha System Roles
In the Future, Tumbleweed-Kubic will also support the following System Roles which will allow you to set up, configure, and manage an entire Kubernetes cluster simply and painlessly.
Currently these are considered [Alpha] quality and are not expected to work.
- "Admin/Dashboard Node" - openSUSE MicroOS plus Velum to provide a management controller for your Kubic Kubernetes Cluster
- "Cluster Node" - openSUSE MicroOS plus Kubernetes automatically configured through Velum to act as a Kubernetes Master or Worker
Articles, videos, etc.
- Your first steps with openSUSE Kubic (YouTube)
- openSUSE Kubic & SUSE CaaSP (YouTube)
- Transactional Updates - deep dive (YouTube)
- openSUSE Kubic - What is this? (YouTube)
- Introducing Kubic Project: a new open-source project
- GitHub Project Page
- Kubic Bugzilla Page
Download & Install
- Download Current Tumbleweed-Kubic
- Burn ISO to DVD or USB Stick
- Boot to DVD or USB Stick
- Follow the streamlined YaST installation workflow, choosing the appropriate system-role for your Kubic node