openSUSE Kubic is a project maintaining multiple container-related technologies as part of the openSUSE Project.
This primarily centers around openSUSE Kubic, an openSUSE Tumbleweed variant focused on hosting container services. openSUSE Kubic currently consists of two major components:
- openSUSE MicroOS - an openSUSE Tumbleweed based OS providing Transactional (Atomic) Updates upon a read-only btrfs root filesystem, designed to host container workloads with automated administration & patching.
- kubeadm - a Kubernetes cluster bootstrapping tool integrated as part of openSUSE Kubic to run atop openSUSE MicroOS.
Tumbleweed-Kubic currently offers the following supported System Roles which can be selected during installation:
Articles, Videos, etc.
- Your first steps with openSUSE Kubic (YouTube)
- openSUSE Kubic & SUSE CaaSP (YouTube)
- Transactional Updates - deep dive (YouTube)
- openSUSE Kubic - What is this? (YouTube)
- Introducing Kubic Project: a new open-source project
- GitHub Project Page
- Kubic Bugzilla Page