If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
HoneyComb is a ClearFog CX board without QSFP port.
HoneyComb documentation, including schematics, is available on https://developer.solid-run.com/products/honeycomb-lx2k/
- 16 ARM Cortex-A72 cores
- 2x DDR4 SO-DIMM 64 bits dual-channel slots (up to 64GB, 2x 32G)
- Up to 100GbE (4 x SFP+)
- Full virtualization support
- M.2 2240/2280 (PCIe)
- eMMC (64GB by default)
- 4x SATA (gen III)
- 4x SFP+ ports (2×2 cage – 10GbE each)
- 1x 1GbE copper (RJ45)
- 1x PCIe x8 Gen 3.0, open slot (can support x16)
- 3x USB 3.0
- 3x USB 2.0
- 1x QSFP port (40Gbps/4x10Gbps) (ClearFog CX only)
- Standard UEFI boot environment
Please follow the generic instructions found at Installing openSUSE ARM for AArch64 EFI based systems. If you need to update or flash the firmware, please follow instructions below.
You can use the UEFI firmware, by:
- using a pre-built image from: https://images.solid-run.com/LX2k/lx2160a_uefi (choose the right file to boot from SD or SPI flash, and for the right DDR speed)
- building it manually from https://github.com/SolidRun/lx2160a_uefi and edit header to set required options, such as DDR_SPEED, then, run:
INITIALIZE=1 ./runme.sh ./runme.sh
Then, you can flash your uSD card with the UEFI image images/lx2160acex7_*.img.
Finally, please use the EFI installation method from Installing openSUSE ARM for AArch64 EFI based systems.
The easiest way to get u-boot is to flash the uSD card with the image provided by Solid-Run (including u-boot) at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AGdWMSh9lLEYpUeX2dAinQTjzvvi5pMn/view?usp=sharing which contains some firmware and U-Boot.
Boot order from U-Boot is: usb0, mmc0 (SD card), scsi0 (sata), nvme0
Then, please use the EFI image from Installing openSUSE ARM for AArch64 EFI based systems and copy it to USB or SATA storage.
With U-Boot, you will need to provide a DTB as U-Boot does not provide it. Some DTS are available at http://git.armlinux.org.uk/cgit/linux-arm.git/tree/arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale?h=cex7
git clone git://git.armlinux.org.uk/linux-arm.git --branch=cex7 --depth=1 pushd linux-arm make defconfig make freescale/fsl-lx2160a-honeycomb.dtb # DTB available at arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/fsl-lx2160a-honeycomb.dtb popd
Copy the dtb to boot partition and add the following line for grub menu:
and start with ctrl-x.
- On-board Ethernet is broken but a patch is being worked on upstream, so you may need to use an USB-to-Ethernet adapter.
- PCIe Gen4 driver for NXP Layerscape SoCs is merged upstream since kernel 5.7-rc1 (https://patchwork.kernel.org/cover/11379765/), so Tumbleweed supports it since kernel 5.7, and Leap 15.x and SLE15-SPx have patches to support it.
- uSD read/write line is broken on early hardware revision, so uSD is read-only from the running machine.
- There is a "USB to STM32" port for remote management, but there is no image to flash the STM32 so far. This is expected to be released for the end of 2020.
- LX2160A-CEX7 errata list
- HoneyComb and ClearFog CX errata list