If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
HoneyComb is a ClearFog CX board without QSFP port.
HoneyComb documentation, including schematics, is available on https://developer.solid-run.com/products/honeycomb-lx2k/
- 16 ARM Cortex-A72 cores
- 2x DDR4 SO-DIMM 64 bits dual-channel slots (up to 64GB, 2x 32G)
- Up to 100GbE (4 x SFP+)
- Full virtualization support
- M.2 2240/2280 (PCIe)
- eMMC (64GB by default)
- 4x SATA (gen III)
- 4x SFP+ ports (2×2 cage – 10GbE each)
- 1x 1GbE copper (RJ45)
- 1x PCIe x8 Gen 3.0, open slot (can support x16)
- 3x USB 3.0
- 3x USB 2.0
- 1x QSFP port (40Gbps/4x10Gbps) (ClearFog CX only)
- Standard UEFI boot environment (Coming soon, check: https://developer.solid-run.com/knowledge-base/lx2160a-cex7-uefi-and-sbsa-status/)
The easiest way is to flash SD card with image provided by Solid-Run (including u-boot) at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AGdWMSh9lLEYpUeX2dAinQTjzvvi5pMn/view?usp=sharing which contains some firmware and U-Boot.
Boot order from U-Boot is: usb0, mmc0 (SD card), scsi0 (sata), nvme0
Then, please use the EFI image from Installing openSUSE ARM for AArch64 EFI based systems and copy it to USB or SATA storage (PCIe/NVME is supported on Leap/SLE only and SD read/write line is broken on hardware, so SD is read-only).
With U-Boot, you will need to provide a DTB as U-Boot does not provide it. Some DTS are available at http://git.armlinux.org.uk/cgit/linux-arm.git/tree/arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale?h=cex7
git clone git://git.armlinux.org.uk/linux-arm.git --branch=cex7 --depth=1 pushd linux-arm make defconfig make freescale/fsl-lx2160a-honeycomb.dtb # DTB available at arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/fsl-lx2160a-honeycomb.dtb popd
Copy the dtb to boot partition and add the following line for grub menu:
and start with ctrl-x.
Otherwise, you can give a try to current WIP UEFI firmware, by building it manually from https://github.com/SolidRun/lx2160a_build with runme.sh (edit header to set required options).
Then, please use the EFI installation method from Installing openSUSE ARM for AArch64 EFI based systems.
- PCIe Gen4 driver for NXP Layerscape SoCs is merged upstream since kernel 5.7-rc1 (https://patchwork.kernel.org/cover/11379765/), so Tumbleweed supports it since kernel 5.7, but Leap 15.x and SLE15-SPx have patches to support it. But currently (2020-05-05) the firmware is not able to boot from NVME devices on PCIe.
- LX2160A-CEX7 errata list
- HoneyComb and ClearFog CX errata list