tagline: From openSUSE
The F&S armStoneA8 is a single-board computer (SBC) for industrial usage.
- 1 GHz single-core Cortex-A8 processor (Samsung)
- 256 MB RAM
- 10/100 Mbit/s Ethernet
Installing an openSUSE 12.3 image
- Follow the F&S instructions for possibly upgrading their NBoot firmware and flashing their U-Boot to NAND.
- Extract an openSUSE rootfs to an ext3-formatted microSD card (ext4 not supported by their U-Boot!).
- Use kernel-f+s from openSUSE:12.2:ARM:Contrib:Armstone.
- Adapt U-Boot config for automatic booting of kernel from SD.
- Stock binary kernel from F&S does not enable cgroups support, causing systemd issues in openSUSE 12.2+. kernel-f+s package fixes this.