tagline: From openSUSE
Freeciv is a multiplayer, turn-based strategy game for workstations and personal computers inspired by the commercial proprietary Sid Meier's Civilization series. The game's default settings are closest to Civilization II, both in gameplay and graphics (including the units and the isometric grid).
- Turn based gameplay
- More than 50 playable units and over 300 nations
- Up to 126 players!
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) computer-controlled players
- Premade maps & scenarios!
- Modpack support!
- Internationalization (i18n): translations for many languages available
- In-game help system
- It's free!
- The source code is available