Flare is a single-player 2D action RPG with fast-paced action and a dark fantasy style. It is built on the FLARE engine (Free/Libre Action Roleplaying Engine); a simple engine, written in C++ and SDL 2, built to handle only single-player 2D action RPGs. The game is not a reimplementation of an existing game or engine. It is a tribute to and exploration of the action RPG genre.
The goal of the Flare project is to build several real games and harvest an engine from a common, resusuable code base.
- Empyrean Campaign (official mod made by Flare Team)
- Open software store (GNOME Software, YaST, KDE Discover).
- Search for "Flare"
- Click the install button
- Run the following command via a terminal emulator
zypper install flare flare-game
Mods for the FLARE engine can be found on Flare's website. Any additional mods for the FLARE engine
should be placed within
In order to activate a mod, follow these steps:
- Start Flare
- Click the Configuration button
- Click the Mods tab
- Select a mod from the available mods list
- Click the Enable button
Help and assistance
Best places to go for support:
Best place to submit bugs: