tagline: From openSUSE
firewalld provides a dynamically managed firewall with support for network/firewall zones to define the trust level of network connections or interfaces. It has support for IPv4, IPv6 firewall settings and for ethernet bridges and has a separation of runtime and permanent configuration options. It also supports an interface for services or applications to add firewall rules directly.
- Can handle IPv4, IPv6 and bridges "under one roof"
- Dynamic changing of rules via DBUS calls with policykit authentication without having to reload the whole firewall
- Fully integrated with NetworkManager
- Graphical cnfiguration utility: firewall-config
- commandline configuration tool: firewall-cmd