Welcome to CommunityWeek 2009 Special Edition of openSUSE Weekly News
Before the Week
Last.fm openSUSE Community Week group
- Monday CommunityWeek Sessions
- "openSUSE Community Week runs from May 11 through May 17. Our community week is a chance to get people from around the world together at the same time to focus on specific topics, and to transfer knowledge about openSUSE to help grow our teams. The idea is to cover topics to empower ourselves as a community by broadening our knowledge, and to enable new contributors to openSUSE and open source. The week is starting off with sessions in GNOME, KDE, packaging, and much more. As a reminder — all sessions are being held in IRC. If you need help getting started with IRC, see the openSUSE wiki for more. The entire week’s schedule can be found on the wiki. Here’s a quick overview of scheduled sessions for Monday, May 11th.
- GNOME Packaging Day starts at 08:00 UTC with introductory sessions at 08:00 and 17:00 UTC in the #opensuse-gnome channel on Freenode.
- KDE Desktop Shell (Plasma) session with Rob Scheepmaker and Marco Martin from the KDE Plasma team at 16:00 UTC in the #opensuse-kde channel on Freenode.
- Packaging: Creating a package step by step - hands on session in the #opensuse-buildservice channel on Freenode at 09:00 UTC.
- Testing: How to get started with Testing and QA in the #opensuse testing channel on Freenode at 15:00 UTC.
- And there will be plenty of openSUSE contributors in #opensuse-project for general questions about openSUSE and getting started as a contributor."
- openSUSE Community Week Soundtrack
- "Who can work without music? I can’t! Join the last.fm group and help with the soundtrack for this week."
- The H Open Source: openSUSE Community Week begins
- "Today marks the start of the first annual openSUSE Community Week, an event aimed at broadening the communities knowledge and run by openSUSE community members."
- tectonic: OpenSuse’s Community Week kicks off
- "The OpenSuse community today kicked off its first Community Week programme. The week-long event running until May 17 includes sessions on KDE and Gnome as well as sessions on marketing, board matters and education."
- Alberto Passalacqua: It’s openSUSE community week!
- "Today openSUSE communty week started, with a rich series of events for new and old openSUSE users interested in knowing more about what’s going on behind the scenes of openSUSE."
- IRC log of the monday packaging sesseion
- Minutes from the packaging session as part of the Community Week.
- Tuesday OpenSUSE CommunityWeek Sessions
- "As a reminder — all sessions are being held in IRC. If you need help getting started with IRC, see the openSUSE wiki for more. The entire week’s schedule can be found on the wiki. Here’s an overview of Tuesday’s events:
- GNOME Patch Tagging and Upstream Day from 08:00 to 22:00 UTC in #opensuse-gnome on Freenode.
- KDE Administration and Internals from 16:00 to 17:00 UTC in #opensuse-kde on Freenode, and general discussion in #opensuse-kde the rest of the day.
- Marketing Team: Working on openSUSE 11.2 launch plan in #opensuse marketing on Freenode from 13:00 UTC to 22:00 UTC.
- Features: Getting started with openFate from 12:00 to 14:00 UTC in #opensuse-project on Freenode.
- Packaging: Creating a package step by step at 15:00 UTC. Hands on session! Don’t miss it, in #opensuse-buildservice.
- How to get started with Testing and QA at 11:00 UTC to 13:00 UTC in #opensuse-testing on Freenode.
- openSUSE wiki “cleanup” from 13:00 UTC to 22:00 UTC in #opensuse-wiki on Freenode.
- And there will be plenty of openSUSE contributors in #opensuse-project for general questions about openSUSE and getting started as a contributor. Also, the Education Project will have general discussion on Tuesday in #openSUSE-edu on Freenode from 09:00 to 15:00 UTC."
- Joe Brockmeier: Day two of openSUSE Community Week
- "Today was day two of openSUSE Community Week, and we had a lot of great sessions, good discussions, and an all-around good day."
- Vincent Untz: Patch Tagging and Upstreaming Day at openSUSE
- "The Community Week started yesterday (more on this below) and today is Patch Tagging and Upstreaming Day: we want to better document our patches and send them upstream if we didn't already -- we have guidelines for this since quite some time :-)"
- Summary from openSUSE Wiki Team session on Tuesday
- You can also read the transcript.
The openSUSE wiki.
Join the next sessions! Visit the schedule on the Community Week page
- Wednesday OpenSUSE CommunityWeek
- "As a reminder — all sessions are being held in IRC. If you need help getting started with IRC, see the openSUSE wiki for more. The entire week’s schedule can be found on the wiki. Here’s an overview of Wednesday’s events:
- Meet with the openSUSE Board at 07:00, 17:00, and 20:00 UTC in #opensuse project on Freenode.
- GNOME Wiki day from 08:00 to 22:00 UTC, with intro sessions at 08:00 and 16:00 UTC in #opensuse-gnome on Freenode.
- KDE: KDE PIM session with Kevin Krammer from KDE PIM at 16:00 UTC in #opensuse-kde on Freenode.
- The openSUSE Weekly News Team will meet at 12:00 UTC to 20:00 UTC to hold a workshop on creating an edition of openSUSE Weekly News. Held in #opensuse-newsletter on Freenode.
- Getting started with openFATE at 08:00 UTC in #opensuse-project on Freenode.
- Packaging and openSUSE Build Service Q&A in #opensuse-buildservice on Freenode.
- How to get started with Testing and QA in #opensuse-testing on Freenode at 06:00 UTC.
- Check the schedule on the wiki for all sessions. As always, there will be plenty of openSUSE contributors in #opensuse-project for general questions about openSUSE and getting started as a contributor."