TaskJuggler is a modern and powerful project management tool. Its new approach to project planning and tracking is far superior to the commonly used Gantt chart editing tools. It has already been successfully used in many projects and scales easily to projects with hundreds of resources and thousands of tasks.
TaskJuggler is an Open Source tools for serious project managers. It covers the complete spectrum of project management tasks from the first idea to the completion of the project. It assists you during project scoping, resource assignment, cost and revenue planing, risk and communication management.
TaskJuggler provides an optimizing scheduler that computes your project time lines and resource assignments based on the project outline and the constrains that you have provided. The build-in resource balancer and consistency checker offload you from having to worry about irrelevant details and ring the alarm if the project gets out of hand. Its flexible "as many details as necessary"-approach allows you to still plan your project as you go, making it also ideal for new management strategies such as Extreme Programming and Agile Project Management.
Since TaskJuggler is sponsored by Novell, openSUSE was the primary development platform until 11.2.
Features and Highlights
- Manages tasks, resources and costs in one package
- Automatic resource leveling, tasks conflict resolutions, and task filtering
- Comprehensive and flexible views and reports so you can find the information you need when you need it
- Build-in templates to get you started (you can also save your own schedules as templates for future use)
- Project tracking and status reporting
- Graphical User Interface to conveniently edit your projects, view and generate Gantt charts and reports
- Unlimited number of scenarios (baselines) of same project for what-if analysis
- CSV data export for exchange with Office Suites
- Risk analysis
- Project breakdown and management team support
- Flexible working hours and vacation handling
- Support for shift working
- Multiple time zone support
- Tasks may have initial costs, finishing costs
- Resources may have running costs
- Support for profit/loss analysis
- HTML and XML report generation
- Powerful project description syntax with macro support
- Support for central resource allocation database