If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
Archive:Board meeting 2020-05-12
- 1 Minutes 2020-05-12 board meeting
Minutes 2020-05-12 board meeting
Attendees: Gerald Pfeifer, Axel Braun, Simon Lees, Vinzenz Vietzke, Marina Latini
Minutes keeper: Marina Latini
Meeting starts at: 22:08
- openSUSE Jitsi instance for Board calls
- Extra topic - Missing public minutes
- Community platform domain
- Extra topic - Foundation
- Extra topic - Follow-up on Factory
- Extra topic - New SSO issue between Heroes and SUSE IT.
1 openSUSE Jitsi instance for Board calls
- First attempt was not working properly. we tested the instance but for some the audio and/or video was not working. For this meeting the board used the old platform.
- Outcome: Inform mstrigl and test again the instance and see if the issues are solved.
2 Extra topic - Missing public minutes
- Gerald: checked the published minutes and some are still missing and not published.
- Marina: she has two pending minutes to send out. She will circulate the draft for a final review.
- Proposal from Gerald: for speeding up the publishing, just wait for the feedback from two board members and then send out the final minutes to the list.
3 Community platform domain
- The board got a request from marketing community people for using opensu.se domain
- Vinz asked for more info like goal and scope.
- Marketing people compared what Fedora is using now for community services like for example URL shortner.
- Issue: the proposed URL is owned by an individual community member.
- Simon told that about 2 years ago the owner was in favour to transfer the domain to the project.
- Gerald suggests to try to ask first informally, not directly as board, and try to ask what the owner is willing to do now.
AI: Vinz will try to contact the owner.
- The discussion was moved to a generic level, trying to understand if there are other domains to possibly register and if they are tracked somewhere.
- Geographical domains should only be used for localized community topics.
- Owner should be the owner of the openSUSE trademark or a group of trusted people.
- In case of conflicts the board will resolve the conflict.
AI All: List and document the existing domains
AI: Gerald replies to Ish for sharing what we discussed about geographical domains and solicit feedback.
4 Extra topic - Foundation
- follow-up and status from
- as openSUSE we should clarify what we want to achieve.
AI: Simon will try to recollect the document shared with SUSE internal.
5 Extra topic - Follow-up on Factory
- A maintainers is willing to abandon the packages maintained.
- Subject: "[opensuse-factory] Why am I no longer a maintainer of graphics/OpenShadingLanguage"
- Subject: "[opensuse-factory] Blender, openCOLLADA and OpenImageIO need a maintainer"
AI: Simon will try to contact Dave.
6 Extra topic - New SSO issue between Heroes and SUSE IT.
- miss-communication between SUSE-IT and Heroes Team
- both the groups worked in parallel without coordinating.
- There is an agreement for now and the communication issue seems to be solved for the moment.
- Next steps will be discussed when the current IT migration will end.
- the topic can be also considered important and valuable for the foundation.
Meeting ends at: 22.56