The wikis are now using the new authentication system.
If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/

Archive:Board meeting 2020-05-12

Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes 2020-05-12 board meeting

Attendees: Gerald Pfeifer, Axel Braun, Simon Lees, Vinzenz Vietzke, Marina Latini

Minutes keeper: Marina Latini

Meeting starts at: 22:08

Agenda:

  1. openSUSE Jitsi instance for Board calls
  2. Extra topic - Missing public minutes
  3. Community platform domain
  4. Extra topic - Foundation
  5. Extra topic - Follow-up on Factory
  6. Extra topic - New SSO issue between Heroes and SUSE IT.

1 openSUSE Jitsi instance for Board calls

2 Extra topic - Missing public minutes

  • Gerald: checked the published minutes and some are still missing and not published.
    • Marina: she has two pending minutes to send out. She will circulate the draft for a final review.
  • Proposal from Gerald: for speeding up the publishing, just wait for the feedback from two board members and then send out the final minutes to the list.

3 Community platform domain

  • The board got a request from marketing community people for using opensu.se domain
  • Vinz asked for more info like goal and scope.
  • Marketing people compared what Fedora is using now for community services like for example URL shortner.
  • Issue: the proposed URL is owned by an individual community member.
    • Simon told that about 2 years ago the owner was in favour to transfer the domain to the project.
    • Gerald suggests to try to ask first informally, not directly as board, and try to ask what the owner is willing to do now.

AI: Vinz will try to contact the owner.

  • The discussion was moved to a generic level, trying to understand if there are other domains to possibly register and if they are tracked somewhere.

NOTEs:

AI All: List and document the existing domains

AI: Gerald replies to Ish for sharing what we discussed about geographical domains and solicit feedback.

4 Extra topic - Foundation

  • follow-up and status from

https://etherpad.opensuse.org/p/foundation_extra_resource

    • as openSUSE we should clarify what we want to achieve.

AI: Simon will try to recollect the document shared with SUSE internal.

5 Extra topic - Follow-up on Factory

  • A maintainers is willing to abandon the packages maintained.
    • Subject: "[opensuse-factory] Why am I no longer a maintainer of graphics/OpenShadingLanguage"
    • Subject: "[opensuse-factory] Blender, openCOLLADA and OpenImageIO need a maintainer"

AI: Simon will try to contact Dave.

6 Extra topic - New SSO issue between Heroes and SUSE IT.

  • miss-communication between SUSE-IT and Heroes Team
    • both the groups worked in parallel without coordinating.
    • There is an agreement for now and the communication issue seems to be solved for the moment.
    • Next steps will be discussed when the current IT migration will end.
    • the topic can be also considered important and valuable for the foundation.

Meeting ends at: 22.56