If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
Archive:Board meeting 2019-04-02
- we need to decide which way (e.V., joining an umbrella foundation) makes sense - topic for the face to face meeting, feedback on opensuse-project@ is of course welcome
- Simon will write up a summary of the options of umbrella foundations
- in general feedback from SUSE about becoming independent is positive, but we've also heard a concern that independence could be driven by fundamental things, not practical reasons
- if ever needed, we could ignore whatever SUSE does and go our own way
- a foundation / independence would make legal stuff like GDPR our business
- Simon will talk to Ciaran how we could handle GDPR and other legal stuff
mail hosting using mailbox.org
We have an offer from Heinlein / mailbox org to make @opensuse.org mail addresses real mailboxes.
Do our members want this? (Feedback on opensuse-project and @oSC welcome)
openSUSE received a GDPR request which now gets handled by the responsible people.
Cloudfest in Rust
We've seen the discussion on the opensuse-project mailinglist why openSUSE wasn't at Cloudfest.
- base requirement (as always) is to have volunteers
- commercial booth prices are insane, we'd have to find out if they offer free community booths