- Quick and simple drag and drop playlist creation
- Super eye-candy interface
- Multiple backends supported (xine, helix and NMM)
- Automatic cover art download using Amazon services
- The unique and powerful Context Browser
- Automatic play-statistics generation (iRate style)
- Full lyrics download
- Read about your bands with embedded wikipedia browsing!
- Funky visualizations from libvisual and XMMS
- KDE integration
- Streaming from any KIO source
- Podcasting Support
- Fully configurable translucent OSD for track changes
- K3B (CD-burning) integration
- Style your Context Browser with custom CSS styles
- Save space in your Context Browser with collapsible boxes
- Show the Context Browser without Amarok open through the Konqueror sidebar!
- Full support for Last.FM! Share your music taste with friends on the net
- Generate dynamic playlists based on last.fm suggestions
- Support for SQLite, MySQL and PostgreSQL databases ensuring fast collection access
- Support for your iPod, iRiver and generic USB device with the all new media-browser
- Powerful scripting interface, allowing for easy extension of Amarok
- Complete DCOP access
- Translated into more than 50 languages, thanks to the KDE localization team.
No sound from Amarok
Use Configure Amarok to set the sound engine to GStreamer, and choose GStreamer's ALSA-plugin to get sound sent to openSUSE's default sound subsystem, ALSA.
Music collection doesn't show up in Amarok 2
Amarok 2 needs mysql installed in order for the collection to properly work. Install libmysqlclient-devel and mysql from software management. Version 5.0 works. Restart amarok and rescan collection.
Try using xine as the amarok engine.