tagline: From openSUSE
Welcome to the openSUSE 12.1 Portal edit
openSUSE 12.1 has been released on Wednesday the 16th of November 2011. This release brings many new improvements from the desktop to the underlying infrastructure and also marks the introduction of GNOME 3.2, ownCloud, Snapper and much more.
12.1 can be downloaded from software.opensuse.org and the 12.1 retail edition had been available for purchase from various sources. The retail edition is a version of openSUSE with a complete printed end-user manual, installation media, lot's of vouchers and more. Note openSUSE 12.1 has been succeeded by openSUSE 12.2 and openSUSE 12.3 and is at its End of Life as of May 6, 2013.
Top features edit
openSUSE 12.1 brings you upgrades to the latest Free Software desktop and server technologies as well as unique features, like the new Snapper tool bringing file change monitoring and rollback functionality to openSUSE. Read on to get an overview of what's new in openSUSE 12.1
In the news edit
- Aug 13: Need a Wallpaper Changer for GNOME? Try Variety! (by Nenad Latinović)
- Aug 12: Command Line Tuesdays – Part Eight (by Nenad Latinović)
- Aug 07: Official 13.1 Docker Containers Released (by Henne Vogelsang)
- Aug 05: Command Line Tuesdays – Part Seven (by Nenad Latinović)
- Jul 31: MATE 1.8.1 Available on openSUSE (by Nenad Latinović)