tagline: From openSUSE
The openSUSE release team is taking care of the Factory distribution. It keeps an eye on
- The release of the Distribution
- The openSUSE:Factory project in the Build Service and submissions to it
- Features for the next openSUSE release in openFATE
- The bugs for the next openSUSE release in Bugzilla
The team also tries to facilitate and take decisions regarding the direction and well being of the openSUSE Distribution.
- #opensuse-factory is the IRC channel our members hang out in
- firstname.lastname@example.org - is the mailinglist where we coordinate over the next release and discuss global changes.
Subscribe - Unsubscribe - Help - Archives
- Bugzilla is where we fix and track issues found in the Factory
What do we do
We are trying to document our processes for various tasks we are doing when maintaining openSUSE:Factory, or when preparing release of next openSUSE version.
How to help
Are you an openSUSE Member and want to help us? Contact us on the mailing list or irc, there are loads of things we need to do. Some examples of the tasks we would love but don't have cycles now:
- Extending documentation of our processes
- Fixing corner case issues in the tools we use for the Factory deployment
- Writing new automation extension from scratch to speed up the processes
And for common work we could use more hands on:
- checking the Factory health and fixing unresolvable/failed things
- fixing issues on status page, plus providing descriptions for unknown failures to make it easy for maintainer to pick-up
But please be aware that maintaining a distribution is a very time consuming and technically challenging task. We appreciate if you bring something to the table but we most likely won't find the time to teach you a lot.