tagline: From openSUSE
openSUSE on your board
Moved to openSUSE:openSUSE_on_your_ARM_board
It would be nice to:
- Have a bootsplash (with openSUSE) in u-boot
- Replace x-loader by u-boot SPL for MLO since x-loader is deprecated (for beagleboards and pandaboards). IF u-boot SPL is working fine. It seems there are some problems with SPL for the first revisions of boards/SoC.
- Add support to Device Tree (DT) kernels (u-boot needs to give some special parameters to the kernel)
- Have some non-JeOS images : Desktop with Xfce, LXDE, E17, JWM or IceWM or something else which is light) (and server in text mode?)
- Improve kernel configs and maybe have a system to follow and update ARM configs (common/specific options) (a (wiki) table, a spreadsheet, or something else which is easily editable and easy to use). Maybe some tools already exist?
- Have some pages on the wiki which tell users how to use openSUSE images for their ARM board.
- Have some pages on the wiki which tell users (and developpers) what is the support level of a given board (USB OK, Ethernet KO, etc.).
- Add support to Raspberry Pi even if it is an ARMv6. (kernel + raw image)
Moved to openSUSE:Supported_ARM_boards