tagline: From openSUSE
The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard. It’s a capable little PC which can be used for many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word-processing and games. It also plays high-definition video.
- Low Power ARM1176JZ-F Applications Processor (ARMv6)
- Dual Core VideoCore IV® Multimedia Co-Processor
- 1080p30 Full HD HP H.264 Video Encode/Decode
- Advanced Image Sensor Pipeline (ISP) for up to 20-megapixel cameras operating at up to 220 megapixels per second
- Low power, high performance OpenGL-ES® 1.1/2.0 VideoCore GPU. 1 Gigapixel per second fill rate.
- High performance display outputs. Simultaneous high resolution LCD and HDMI with HDCP at 1080p60
More technical data (tests and configurations) on openSUSE:Raspberry_Pi.
Installing the openSUSE Factory Image
- Download the latest openSUSE-Factory-ARM-raspberrypi-*.raw.xz image at http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/Factory:/ARM:/Contrib:/RaspberryPi/images/ .
- Extract the image onto an SD card. WARNING all previous data on the SD card will be lost.
xzcat [image].raw.xz | dd bs=4M of=/dev/sdX; sync
- Power on the Raspberry Pi.
- Have a lot of fun...
- Default login: root, password: linux