tagline: From openSUSE
- Quick and simple drag and drop playlist creation
- Super eye-candy interface
- Multiple backends supported (xine, helix and NMM)
- Automatic cover art download using Amazon services
- The unique and powerful Context Browser
- Automatic play-statistics generation (iRate style)
- Full lyrics download
- Read about your bands with embedded wikipedia browsing!
- Funky visualizations from libvisual and XMMS
- KDE integration
- Streaming from any KIO source
- Podcasting Support
- Fully configurable translucent OSD for track changes
- K3B (CD-burning) integration
- Style your Context Browser with custom CSS styles
- Save space in your Context Browser with collapsible boxes
- Show the Context Browser without Amarok open through the Konqueror sidebar!
- Full support for Last.FM! Share your music taste with friends on the net
- Generate dynamic playlists based on last.fm suggestions
- Support for SQLite, MySQL and PostgreSQL databases ensuring fast collection access
- Support for your iPod, iRiver and generic USB device with the all new media-browser
- Powerful scripting interface, allowing for easy extension of Amarok
- Complete DCOP access
- Translated into more than 50 languages, thanks to the KDE localization team.
No sound from Amarok
Use Configure Amarok to set the sound engine to GStreamer, and choose GStreamer's ALSA-plugin to get sound sent to openSUSE's default sound subsystem, ALSA.
As of writing, Amarok (version 2.6.0, openSUSE 12.2) uses Phonon as Sound System. To configure it, you can follow Settings > Playback and click on "Configure Phonon" button. Select "Backend" tab: GStreamer should be the only backend available, phonon-backend-xine should be still available from openSUSE Build Service (you might need to install kdebase4-runtime-xine as well, in order to configure Xine Backend). Before trying this please make sure to have all required GStreamer plugins installed.
Music collection doesn't show up in Amarok 2
Amarok 2 needs mysql installed in order for the collection to properly work. Install libmysqlclient-devel and mysql from software management. Version 5.0 works. Restart amarok and rescan collection.
Try using xine as the amarok engine.