openSUSE:Testing Core team
tagline: From openSUSE
Where do we come from
- The openSUSE Testing Core team is composed of members from around the globe that want to contribute in improving the openSUSE operating system.
How do we perform our jobs
- We coordinate our work during the regular meetings. For more details see the meeting page.
What skills do we posses
- We are able to create valid bug reports that will help developers to fix problems found in early development stages of openSUSE and in the stable version.
- The openSUSE Testing Core team wants to identify bugs as early as possible in the development cycle to give developers time to find a solution and to give less technical testers a better user-experience.
- The openSUSE Testing Core team tries to identify bugs in the stable version of openSUSE and passes the information down to the developers in order for them to create a proper fix.
- Make openSUSE a reliable platform for both users and developers.
- email@example.com - Discussion about testing the openSUSE distribution.
Subscribe - Unsubscribe - Help - Archives
- #openSUSE-testing Feedback and discussion about testing openSUSE
openSUSE Connect Group
- Join also The openSUSE Testers group
Main coordinating members
|Bernhard M. Wiedemann||bmwiedemann ; ICQ: 41890653||susetestingbmw at lsmod de||Germany|
|Holger "Holgi" Sickenberg||Holgi||holgi - at - opensuse - org||Germany|
|Larry Finger||LWFinger||Larry.Finger - at - lwfinger - net||US|
How to join
Who is eligible to join the team (terms and conditions)?
- Everybody that wants to contribute to the testing of openSUSE is welcomed to join the team. The future contributor must have a a basic understanding of how openSUSE works.
Whom to contact for more informations?
- Contact the Main coordinating members via IRC or e-mail. Remember to be polite and not to spam.
Is openSUSE Membership required for tasks?
- openSUSE Membership is required only for some tasks. More information about becoming an openSUSE member is available in this wiki page.
- Test and report bugs on Factory, Milestones and Release Candidates using Bugzilla
- Test and report bugs found on the stable version of openSUSE again using Bugzilla
Currently Working on
- Tasks currently being performed to noted here .
- There may be some tasks where the normal contributors can contribute apart from the team Members .
Refer to Testing for information about distribution testing.
Refer to Testing meeting for the next scheduled meeting.
Refer to Portal:Factory for information about the developing state of a future openSUSE version.
Refer to openSUSE Bugs for information about bugs and how to report them correctly.
Refer to Bugzilla when searching or reporting bugs.