tagline: From openSUSE
The SUSE Security Team takes care of the security of the Linux products, both the community products (openSUSE distribution, the buildservice code, etc.) and enterprise products (e.g. SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and Desktop).
- You can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - Publication of security announcements.
Subscribe - Unsubscribe - Help - Archives
- There is also security related IRC channel #openSUSE-security
The security team includes:
- Sebastian Krahmer
- Matthias Weckbecker
- Marcus Meißner
Project manager Security:
Areas of work
We work in following large areas:
Thats what you see as security updates. We monitor mailinglist, coordinate between vendors, check software releases, and receive reports and drive the security update process of the openSUSE and SUSE Linux based products during their lifetime.
This is summarized on the page incident handling.
- Our Novell security page can be found at http://www.novell.com/linux/security/securitysupport.html
- If you want to report an incident, mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our GPG key is on every CD 1 and on the keyservers.
We regulary check packages contained in our Linux distributions. We focus on security critical packages, network daemons, setuid programs and similar. We also work on the Security Features.
We also try to replace security critical daemons or setuid binaries by technologies less prone to attacks.
We research security related technologies.